Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Why are you here? Part 4

….Then came a fateful day:

I walked into chapel on a Tuesday in November planning to sleep, or at least act like I was sleeping.  I had the seat at the top of the bleachers where you could lean in and ‘rest.’  I figured that yet another pastor or teacher would drone on.  However, it was one of the guys I had been hanging out with on the weekend that was speaking that day.  Crazy!  Wait a minute, I thought.  He’s funny!  Why would he be talking about God?  He gave a simple message that day: live for God.  Live for God every day.   Something burned in my heart.  I’m not making that part up.  Seriously, I physically felt a yearning in my soul to have that kind of purpose.  I really believe God was calling my soul. 
 
That evening, in my room, I knelt and asked God to begin working in my life like he had been in my friend’s.  I had finally found something worth living for.   I found purpose.  My soul had found what it was meant for: to connect to my Creator and to live for His glory.  What does that mean?  Well, I hope that is a part of what comes out on these blogs.  The key for me was that, instead of God being a part of my life that I pulled out for special occasions and Sunday mornings, He became my whole life. 

So, why are you here?  Like any really worthwhile thing in life, you can’t answer it with one sentence.  Worthwhile things are too complex for that.  But I’d suggest that real, exciting, meaningful life begins here: connecting personally with the Father. 

10 comments:

  1. Hi Mr. Maechner,
    This is Sam Ratvasky (3rd period)
    I really enjoyed your story of how you suddenly want to have a purpose in life. Its weird how God works through other people's lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sam and Mr. Maechner,
    I related with the story of the preacher droning on. in my experience, I have listened to many people speak in church, but there is that one person that stands out, and that really pulls you in. that person really makes you think about God. Having that "Aha" moment when God really speaks to you is amazing. Having that moment in my life, which made this very relate-able.
    Matthew Wadsworth (3rd Period)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mr. Maechner,
    I related a lot to the part where you talked about being a new freshman without knowing many people and wondering where you were going to sit at lunch. The first week of school was very difficult to find a seat at lunch. I felt God was with me though, and making me feel like I belonged at this school.
    Kyla Fuller (1st period)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that God put me on this Earth for a reason and that reason is to follow him and be one of his disciples and tell others about him. i know that it isn't exactly the easiest thing to do(go around telling people about God), but i know that is what i am here for so i am going to honor my heavenly father and do what he tells me to do with my life. ~Hallie Harder

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why are you here? In my honest opinion I myself don't specifically know why I am here. But I do know that God did put me here for a reason and that's why I must do something positive with my life to show God that he did make the right decision with putting me on Earth. I believe as I get older and wiser than I already am I'll for sure know why he did put me here and even if I do get older and don't know I'll still know that he had to put me on this Earth for a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I grew up going to Catholic school since 3rd grade until now, and I remember not believing what they taught me. I believed in God but not the teachings; none of it made sense or applied to me. Now that I'm here, the knowledge im getting is much more relatable and understandable, and it actually makes sense to me. I've strengthened my relationship with God more in the last 4 weeks than I ever did at Catholic school, and if I would've went to the school i was originally planning on, i wouldn't have built a relationship with God at all.l.~Alayna Lopez 11th Period

    ReplyDelete
  7. We all love to belong to something with someone. Your friends take care of you when you need it the most.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with everything that was said in this blog. I think that everyday of our life should be spent working for god and working to get others to know who he is.- Messiah Harrison

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with everything said that we should put god in our lives and yea and have a relationship with him. But how do you just one day feel god burning through your soul? I mean hopefully we all find out one day why god put us here and what are purpose is. -Kelly B(11th)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with this blog tremendously. I believe its important to have someone or something to dedicate all that you do too. We should all work on spreading the word of God to everyone.- Amaya Caraballo

    ReplyDelete