Friday, September 11, 2015

Should America Be the World's Policeman?

Today is Patriot Day.  I honestly didn't know that.  I saw it on my planner.  So, I looked it up and discovered that Patriot Day is a day of remembrance for the over 2000 people who died as a result of the Islamic, Jihadist attacks on September 11th, 2001.

I remember that for a short while after these attacks, our country rallied together and truly believed we had a duty to defend, not only ourselves, but also to intentionally protect and foster freedom around the globe.  What other country in history has done this?

Of course, it didn't take long before people started saying again, "The US shouldn't be the world's policeman"

In this video, Pulitzer Prize winner Bret Stephens argues the opposite.  In true Patriot spirit, he believes that there is a very, very good reason for the US to be the "world's policeman."


No comments:

Post a Comment