Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Why are you here? Part 2

Ok, so we addressed the survival element last time.  There’s got to be more to going to school than that.  Why are you here?

First, why ask?  So, let’s say you’re going to catch a plane in a few days.  Imagine how hard it would be to pack if you didn’t know where you were going.  Outside of that, think of how it would affect how you feel too.  There would be a big difference between finding out that you were going to a funeral versus going to Myrtle Beach.

Ok, yeah, I know most are saying “I’m at LW because my parents are sending me here.”  Ok, fine, we all have to deal with the fact that we don’t have control over everything.  Like it or not, you’re here.  Now start dreaming.  Yes, dreaming.  School is an opportunity.  Most of the world envies the chances you have.  This is the point where most people start thinking about careers.  That’s what school is for right?

This is where I’d say: we need to go higher.  We need to go from “Why are you here (at LW)?” to “Why are you here (at all)?”  I believe that our life experience is entirely affected by what we believe to be the answer to this question.  I’ll let you ponder that one until next time.

5 comments:

  1. Why are we here (at all)?
    I believe that humans were created to worship and praise the God who made us. To do this we must put off our sinful nature. This is what I see you doing in Part 4. Romans 8:8 says "Those who are under the power of sin can’t please God."
    -My Name

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. We are here because it is God's calling for us to be where we are. It is only the beginning of our Journey. ~Yosenia Edmiston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is very helpful to think about what i am going to do with my future. I am here because God put me on this earth to make a difference in all that i do. so i think that it is time to start thinking about what that difference will be.
    ~Hallie Harder

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why are we here at all? I believe God put us here because he wants us to use our lives to do great things and to not do evil but we're all here for a reason. God wants us to make sacrifices that can better us so that's why we're on earth in my opinion either it being we're here for a reason or to use our lives to pursue greatness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right we should start dreaming or thinking about what job we want when we get older. We need to find out how to find that job so we can accomplish our goals. -Christian Cogar

    ReplyDelete