Wednesday, May 7, 2014

What is the voice of God?

When I think about life, my purpose for getting up in the morning, the everyday things I do, the comings and goings of my day...my soul does a skip when I think this radical thought:

God has great things for me to do in this life.

God has great things for me to do in this life.

God has great things for me to do in this life.

God has great things for me to do in this life.

"The most secret, sacred wish that lies deep down at the bottom of your heart, the wonderful thing that you hardly dare to look at, or to think about...that is just the very thing that God is wishing you to do or to be for Him.  And the birth of that marvelous wish in your soul--the dawning of that secret dream--was the Voice of God Himself telling you to arise and come up higher because He had need of you."

-Emmet Fox (1886-1951)

No comments:

Post a Comment