Friday, May 30, 2014

The End is Near

Most of us are feeling it as the last day of school approaches. 

Some of you, seniors, are living it! 

It's really a thrill isn't it?  One thing I love about being a teacher is that you get to continue that feeling that you have as a student where things have a beginning and an end. 

Many jobs just go on and on and on.  Mine starts up with all the excitement, nervousness, and anticipation in August and then finally comes to a well needed conclusion in early June.

So when we think of the end of...life or the world, why does that get associated with sullenness and even anxiety?  Paul said in one of his letters that a crown awaits those who long for Jesus' appearance.  Did you catch that?  Long for. 

I have known my sweet friend Jesus, my dear Father, and my counselor, the Holy Spirit for over two decades, but I have yet to see them face-to-face.  I love my life, and yet, I anticipate with joy, I even long for, that day when I get to meet my Father and actually touch Him.

Is there a judgment at the end?  Yes, I believe there is.  But it is done by that same Dad, that same Friend.  I am trying to live in a way that makes Him proud, but I'm sure I'll disappoint Him in some ways too.  Either way, it's still my Dad that will greet me there and I know He's for me. 

That's a good ending.  It will also be the best new Beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment