Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Test Anxeity


It’s funny.  I wrote the previous post giving advice on how to lower anxiety about exams, but when I was in high school I was a poster-child for anxiety problems!  Those crazy butterflies drove me nuts all day long when it came to tests.  I would sweat and quiver, the whole bit. 

“Oh, great!  That’s helpful!  My teacher was a stress ball too?!  What hope is there?!!”  Actually, I share this to let you know that you’re not weird…well, ok, I was at least AS weird J.  My advice on all of this (like the previous post) comes from, honestly, decades of intentionally working alongside the Spirit to live a life without fear and worry.  I have come so far from where I was and I would never go back.  A lot of the things I learned in my post-high school life. 

But one simple thing that I did a lot when I was in your situation was this: I memorized, recited, and repetitiously wrote on my notebooks the following verse.  “Cast all your anxieties on Him, for He cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:7.  I prayed it, recited it, even visualized ‘casting’ my worries on Him.  So, you may need to do that today, just like I did. 

Sincerely,
A recovering stress ball  

No comments:

Post a Comment