Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Someday you'll have an Anniversary

 Today is my wife and my 14th anniversary.  I can’t believe it has been 14 years.  As I was on my way to school today I was talking to the Lord about how grateful I am for my wife and our marriage.  I thought of all the things I love about my life.  Next to being loved by my Savior, I am sooo thankful for my wife.  This is why I like to talk about relationships a lot in class, in my writing, my blog, in chapel, etc.  A good marriage is so crucial to life.  You can gain the whole world (i.e. have a great job, make lots of money, live in a nice house, be involved in church, make an impact on the world, touch the people around you, go on vacations, you name it), but if you have a bad marriage those other things seem so insignificant. 

Now, I have known people who have difficult marriages, but have been able to do meaningful things with their lives.  But, that being said, they would all say that healing that relationship with their spouse would change everything for the better.

So what does this have to do with you?  I know marriage seems far off, but building the relationship and personality skills that lead to a good one start now.  Be encouraged that you don’t have to end up in the unhappy relationships that so many TV shows and movies show us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment