Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I Knew It Not


I have a quote calendar on my desk and I read one every morning.  A recent quote really struck me.  It's by an author who wrote a lot in the 50s and 60s named A.W. Tozer.

"Jacob saw a vision of God and cried in wonder, 'Surely the Lord is in this place; and I knew it not.'  Jacob had never been for one small division of a moment outside the circle of that all-pervading Presence.  Be he knew it not.  That was his trouble, and it is ours.  Men do not know that God is here.  What a difference it would make if they knew."
 
Wow. It's a cool challenge to try to remember that God is with me all the time, not in a generic sense, but in a real, personal way. Consider that throughout your whole day God is with you, listening to you, talking to you, guiding you when you eat breakfast, when you interact with your family, in your classes, at lunch, when you're walking with your friends between classes. Amazing stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment