Sunday, July 7, 2013

I'll Show You


There were a few poems I got for a poetry assignment toward the end of the year that I thought had a lot of insight or power to them.  I'll be posting them in a little series and sharing some reflections in follow-up posts.  I think each of them taps into some of the emotional, spiritual, and relationship struggles people face as teenagers and also adults.

Here's the third one:

"I'll Show You"

I try so hard to please you all
But inside I’m not too strong.
You push and shove and use
Harsh words but
Now it’s time to take
My word.  My God is stronger
Than your words.  You push me down
But he catches my fall.
God forgives and gives
But I will succeed through it all.
I’ll push and shove through all harsh words
And show you all my God-given worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment