Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Hello from my Blog

Another school year.  Holy smokes! 

Welcome to my blog!  I love talking at school about how to make relating to God a natural part of real life for teens and young adults.  That was really lacking for me when I was an early teen.  A few years ago I was wanting a place to talk about these things more frequently and so I decided to start this blog.  I want it to be a place where you can read some reflections about working through issues that you are dealing with in this era of your life. 
 
I try hard to be relevant and honest, and address everything from fun topics to ones that are difficult to talk about.  I'm also not interested in throwing around rules.  I believe Father wants us to have a free, gut-honest relationship with Him, not a list of commands to keep Him from whacking us.  I believe He wants a connection with you and that it will look different from mine.
 
Occasionally I use this blog for school-related stuff, but I intend it mostly for your own personal encouragement and a place to grapple through what it means to be a follower of Jesus and a teen and live a life of meaning. 
 
I try to write about one to two blogs a week.  I also write them on my board in my classroom so you know what the newest topic is. 
 
Below are some samples sections you can check out.  At the bottom right of the screen there are even more topics you can use to search for stuff you might like.
 
Thanks for visiting!

Anxiety
Movie Reviews
God and Teens
Dating
Sex
Book Thoughts & Reviews
Depression








No comments:

Post a Comment