Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Three Letter Word-Part 3


When I was in college, my parents let me bring my friend Mike on a ski trip we took to Colorado.  One night we all went to this restaurant at the top of a mountain.  It was really cool because you had to take a gondola to get there.  The restaurant was set up like an old time lodge with wood beams and a fire place.  But this wasn’t just any fireplace; it was enormous.  It had to be 12 feet tall and 6 feet wide.  The fire was awesome and frightening at the same time.  That’s a lot like our sexual desires.

Fire, like sexuality, is awesome, but can also be consuming.  I’m so glad we have fire!  But if it’s not managed it can destroy things like the wildfires in Colorado this past summer.  When it’s in your house you need to have a fire place.  When it comes to sexuality you need to manage it well.  There are three areas that need management: 1. Your personal sexual feelings and thoughts, 2. Your sexual feelings about other people, and 3. Your interaction with the opposite sex (whether acquaintances, friends, or a boy/girlfriend).  I’ll try to hit some of these in upcoming posts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment