Monday, November 12, 2012

The Three Letter Word - Part 1

“Welcome to the jungle, baby.  You gonna die!”  Anybody know that line from Guns ‘n Roses?  I was into them hard core when I was in 8th grade.  I think that was the time in my life when I started to really be annoyed with my parents.  I didn’t like them telling me what to do and the whole bit.  So, one way I tried to bother them was to go into my room and crank up Guns ‘n Roses.   Not just any song by them, but especially the ones where Axl Rose dropped the F- bomb. 

                Now, parents don’t raise us to stay at home (at least they shouldn’t!).  They raise us to ultimately leave home.  They do a lot of that ‘annoying’ stuff because they want us to grow up and eventually be a respectable person.  God has also designed kids to gradually desire more independence as we move toward adulthood. 
                So, my feelings in 8th grade were a good part of God beginning to move me toward gradual independence.  However, I was managing those feelings in a pretty stupid way.  There’s an interesting parallel here to…sex.

No comments:

Post a Comment