Sunday, August 26, 2012

Why are you here? Part 2


Ok, so we addressed the survival element last time.  There’s got to be more to going to school than that.  Why are you here?

First, why ask?  So, let’s say you’re going to catch a plane in a few days.  Imagine how hard it would be to pack if you didn’t know where you were going.  Outside of that, think of how it would affect how you feel too.  There would be a big difference between finding out that you were going to a funeral versus going to Myrtle Beach.

Ok, yeah, I know most are saying “I’m at LW because my parents are sending me here.”  Ok, fine, we all have to deal with the fact that we don’t have control over everything.  Like it or not, you’re here.  Now start dreaming.  Yes, dreaming.  School is an opportunity.  Most of the world envies the chances you have.  This is the point where most people start thinking about careers.  That’s what school is for right?

This is where I’d say: we need to go higher.  We need to go from “Why are you here (at LW)?” to “Why are you here (at all)?”  I believe that our life experience is entirely affected by what we believe to be the answer to this question.  I’ll let you ponder that one until next time.

5 comments:

  1. As much as people do not like school, I come to agree with this article. School is a place of chances that we have because if we weren't we wouldn't be given to. We can only make the best out of the time we have here, -Mya Pearson

    ReplyDelete
  2. God has brought us her for a reason. We may not know this reason, however we have all gotten the opportunity to go to school at Lutheran West. We may like it, and we may not, however it's God's plan for us and we should make most out of what we have. -Madison Groppe

    ReplyDelete
  3. People might not like this school but its not there for you to goof off basically, Lutheran West is not an ordinary school . People are lucky to go to this school they don't treat it right , some do but some don't -Jaylee Rivera

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy the comparison of taking a trip to somewhere you don't know to our own life. We don't know where we are going, but we should believe in things and start dreaming. This post is very inspirational about what we should be doing with our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I envy the statement of "because my parents sent me here," because that's every practical kids excuse for not knowing why there here. I think the schools opens doors to a lot of opportunities and is great for college prep. -Je'Lan Hill

    ReplyDelete