Thursday, December 10, 2015

Can a Christian Be Gay?

This subject has led me into many mental and spiritual wrestling matches.  I have read, studied, talked, and prayed about it, knowing that it is a defining issue of our time in the western world.  I have even changed perspectives several times, trying to follow God's heart.

And, of course, it's not just an "issue."  It's about real people, with real lives, real hopes and dreams.  It is so much more complex than I ever thought it was when I was younger.  Having read and heard perspectives from Jesus-followers on both sides of the debate (and in the middle), I particularly found the podcast in this post refreshing.

The speaker is Wayne Jacobsen and this is his podcast called The God Journey.  The subject of same-sex relationships is not his usual topic, but here he gives such a compassionate, honest, and relate-able explanation of where he is one this journey.  He also reads from an article that differs from him and also plays the audio of a story of a Christian man with same-sex attractions.

I implore (fancy for: beg) you to listen to all of it.  I know it's long, but I think if you stop part way through you will miss the full nature of Jacobsen's answer to the question: Can a Christian be Gay?



No comments:

Post a Comment