Wednesday, August 21, 2013

First Days of School 2013-2014

This is an official hello to all my new freshies at LW! I'm really bummed that I don't get to be with you for the first few days of school. The good news is that you get a much more interesting and more attractive teacher in my wife for Thursday and Friday!

 I'm actually really excited to be out here in Seattle. Beth, my hot and really thoughtful wife,
surprised me with this trip for my birthday back in March. I'm at a workshop with an author named Dan Allender. We're going to explore the stories of our lives and look at what kind of story and what kind of themes God has written into our lives. We're zeroing in on difficult times, times of doubt, hurt, and struggle to see what God has written on our hearts through those times. We're actually going to be writing some of these stories as well.

 So, sorry I missed you, but I'll see you next Monday.

 I know that starting high school for most is a pretty nervous experience. So, I want you to turn to your dear Friend and remember that He walks beside you in these new, unfamiliar hallways, into classrooms that you are sitting in for the first time, and into lunch rooms as you try to find someone to sit with. I truly believe God is writing a story in your life too and that being at LW is part of a new chapter. Hang onto Him as He holds onto you. Good things are ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment