Saturday, September 8, 2012

Why are you here? Part 4



….Then came a fateful day:

I walked into chapel on a Tuesday in November planning to sleep, or at least act like I was sleeping.  I had the seat at the top of the bleachers where you could lean in and ‘rest.’  I figured that yet another pastor or teacher would drone on.  However, it was one of the guys I had been hanging out with on the weekend that was speaking that day.  Crazy!  Wait a minute, I thought.  He’s funny!  Why would he be talking about God?  He gave a simple message that day: live for God.  Live for God every day.   Something burned in my heart.  I’m not making that part up.  Seriously, I physically felt a yearning in my soul to have that kind of purpose.  I really believe God was calling my soul. 
 
That evening, in my room, I knelt and asked God to begin working in my life like he had been in my friend’s.  I had finally found something worth living for.   I found purpose.  My soul had found what it was meant for: to connect to my Creator and to live for His glory.  What does that mean?  Well, I hope that is a part of what comes out on these blogs.  The key for me was that, instead of God being a part of my life that I pulled out for special occasions and Sunday mornings, He became my whole life. 

So, why are you here?  Like any really worthwhile thing in life, you can’t answer it with one sentence.  Worthwhile things are too complex for that.  But I’d suggest that real, exciting, meaningful life begins here: connecting personally with the Father. 

7 comments:

  1. i feel i have no purpose in life. i act like im okay but im really not . i feel like people hate me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please forgive me for not writing back until now. I'm not always very good at checking my comments yet. I will respond soon. Thanks for your courage to write!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again for writing. If you're a student at school we could talk. I would be able to be more helpful in person I think. Regardless, though, I understand the feeling of acting okay when you're really not. I became very good at being the 'happy' guy, when underneath I was depressed. There are times that happens to me now as well, though I have worked very hard at trying to be more authentic. I feel like the more I have tried to be honest with God (and believed that He truly wanted the real me) that the more I could be honest with others. Gosh, I don't know exactly where to go with my comment because if we were talking I would ask you more about you and what's really going on in your heart and life right now.

    I would really encourage you to talk to someone. Believe me there really are people who care even though it may not seem like it. You can get through whatever is going on, but you need people with you and to let yourself be loved by God.

    Fight the voices that are lying to you and saying that you are insignificant and worthy of being hated. The God who gave His life says otherwise.

    Have somethings gone on that have made you feel this way recently or have you felt this way for a long time?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel that way sometimes to when I hear God's good works in life. I pray that he would bless me with more opportunities like that. -Evan Brown

    ReplyDelete
  5. These truthfully inspired me to have a closer relationship with God. I hope and pray that I know when he is calling me to do his will. - faith gomez

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can relate to this because I have these feelings sometimes. I hope that I can also build a stronger relationship with God. -Callie Witnik

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think God does things when he wants.Like he calls people to do amazing or bad things at times.I feel like he balances out life you you can have a up and down roller coaster life.

    ReplyDelete